WEST METRO MEDICAL CENTER PRIVACY NOTICE
West Metro Medical Center (the “Medical Center”) respects your rights to privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, and we aim to comply with all the requirements of all relevant privacy and protection laws, particularly in accordance with Republic Act 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by the Medical Center.
WHAT WE COLLECT
The Medical Center collects personal information in variety of sources and forms that may consist of hard and digital/ electronic records. This includes the following:
HOSPITAL – PATIENTS
- Upon admission in the Hospital – personal information collected in our inpatient form such as name, permanent address, present address, age, sex, civil status, religion, contact number, birth date, birth place, nationality, father’ and mother’s details, spouse details and personal information of person/ parties responsible for your account.
- During the duration of your stay with us as patient – medical information collected by our medical staff such as medical history, medical diagnosis, laboratory results, vital signs, medicine intake, and medical procedures done.
HOSPITAL – MEDICAL DOCTORS
- Before accreditation with West Metro, personal information is collected from doctors/consultants in the information sheet and includes the applicant(s) name, age, sex, city and provincial address, date and place of birth, civil status, religion, contact information (telephone, mobile phone number and email address), educational attainment (elementary to college, post graduate course, seminars and studies attended), government identification numbers (SSS, Pag-Ibig, PhilHealth, PRC license number) and working experience(s).
HUMAN RESOURCE (FOR APPLICANTS AND PERSONNEL)
- Before employment to the Medical Center – personal information collected in our personal information sheet and includes the applicant(s) name, age, sex, city and provincial address, date and place of birth, civil status, religion, contact information (telephone, mobile phone number and email address), educational attainment (elementary to college, post graduate course, seminars and studies attended), government identification numbers (SSS, Pag-Ibig, PhilHealth, PRC license number) and working experience(s).
- During the duration of your stay as personnel of the Medical Center – personal information collected includes change of status (if subsequently married), list of dependents and any change in contact information and address
III. SECURITY (FOR VISITORS AND GUESTS)
- Upon entry and exit of the Medical Center – we may require you to deposit a proof of identity (ID) for verification purposes. Video footage of people in different parts of the Medical Center premises is also being recorded via a CCTV system. For those with vehicles, we take note of your vehicle plate number. Video footage of your vehicle is also being recorded via the CCTV system of the Medical Center.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted or required by law, we use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests as a medical institution for medical, research, administrative, historical, and statistical purposes. This includes, but not limited to the following:
We use your information in relation to the health services we provide and ensure that appropriate treatment will be made to you as our patient.
Human Resource Development
- Before employment to the Medical Center – we collect your personal information mainly to screen, document and verify the applicant(s) eligibility for initial employment including the verification of qualifications and for background checking. We also collect the information in administering your pay, statutory deductions, entitlements and benefits.
- During the duration of your stay as personnel of the Medical Center – we collect your personal information primarily to update employee file and used in administering your pay, statutory deductions, entitlements and benefits.
We collect the information mainly as a security measure, which can help us to investigate any untoward incident that may happen in the Medical Center, and generate statistics useful for planning and service improvement purposes.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your information, except:
- As permitted or required by laws, rules or regulations;
- As necessary to protect the interests of the Medical Center;
- With service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of the data; or
- In special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFOMATION
The Medical Center is committed to ensuring the security of personal information. We implement reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures for the protection of personal data. Our security measures aim to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of personal information and protect them against natural dangers such as accidental loss or destruction, and human dangers such as unauthorized access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration and contamination.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
West Metro stores personal data in both digital and hard copies. Personal data and health data are retained for ( ) years from the date of discharge (for patients) and from the date of release or final pay upon separation. Subject to applicable laws, rules and regulations, the data subject may request personal data to be deleted from the Company’s systems, databases and hard copies within a reasonable requested date.
West Metro will secure your consent before we collect, generate, use, process, store and retain your personal data. West Metro will exert effort to make sure the patient reads and understands the consent before signing. The consent also authorizes West Metro to disclose your information to accredited/affiliated third parties only in the circumstances stated in the section on “SHARING YOUR INFORMATION” above. It is within your right to refuse to give consent the above.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
Data subjects have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to object
- The right to erasure or blocking
- The right to damages
- The right to file a complaint
- The right to rectify
- The right to data portability
The Data Protection Officer West Metro Medical Center Veterans Avenue Extension Zamboanga City 7000
Telephone Number (62) 991.2506 to 7 local 221 email@example.com
CHANGES TO STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted in visible areas in our workplace & our website even without prior notice to all our stakeholders.